Monday, April 8, 2013

Day 85 of 365

Humid this morning
Clouds passing through all day long
Now it looks like rain.
  • Low: 55 F
  • High: 78 F

Planted:
  • Sugar beets, Bucklunch seed from Shumway's. My fall planting was a no-show so I hope this one does better.

Prepared 2 beds for potatoes, adding rock phosphate. Hope to get them planted next week but the soil is still very wet and rain is forecast in the next day or so.

Harvested:
  • kale
  • parsnips
I plan to dehydrate the kale for my goat mineral & vitamin mix.

I don't keep track of daily egg counts anymore, but wanted to mention that my green egg laying Ameraucana, who rarely lays these days, left me a teeny, pullet size egg today. Several days ago I got a regular size egg, so today's was odd. 

1 comment:

  1. We can't seem to get a long enough break from the rain, to dry out at all. - Very interesting about your goat mix.

    If you are interested in Dwell magazine or Architectural Digest hurry come over to my one day only giveaway..I have to choose someone in a few hours because I have to get the winners address before 9:00 pacific time.

    ReplyDelete