Friday, May 17, 2013

Day 122 of 365

Mostly sunny
  • Low: 62° F
  • High: 86° F

Made and canned strawberry jam, 6 pints with one half-pint for table use now. I had to buy the strawberries though. I'm picking about a handful a day, just enough for fresh eating. No complaints. After a strawberryless year last year, I'm thankful for them.

Dan tilled half the field corn plot.

Harvested:
  • strawberries

Eating:
  • strawberries
  • milk kefir
  • eggs
  • lettuce
  • goat cheese
  • goat butter
  • fig jam
  • pizza sauce
  • chocolate pie, which used quite a few eggs and milk
  • whipped cream (for the pie)

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you're already picking strawberries. I have been able to pick chives and oregano, but today will be 3 degrees Celsius with a chance of snow! Our strawberry plants look healthy but I don't expect to see any blossoms even just yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't envy me too much; when your strawberries are producing, we'll be in our 4 month span of daily temps in the 90s+ F / 30s+ Celsius! :)

      Delete