beautiful almost full moon.
Then the sky turned gray.
- Low: 50
- High: 75
- cucumbers, Straight 8 (Shumway's)
- radishes, Pink Beauty (Sustainable Seed Co)
- sorghum, Mennonite, (Baker Creek)
- popcorn, Japanese Hull-less (Shumway's)
- 2 hybrid tomato plants
The cukes are a new variety for me. I planted them in the 3rd pea bed, thinking I'd like to try growing cukes with a trellis. The radish seeds are leftover from last year and were a freebie. The tomato plants are for green tomatoes to can for frying. (Not worried about saving seed from these).
- Jerusalem artichokes
- sugar beets
- Red Detroit beets
- Swiss chard (I think)
- flax? or else there's an awful lot of something coming up in that bed!
Found 5 eggs stashed behind the hay feeder.
And somebody took a big bite out of my almost ripe strawberry!!!! I dug out a row cover and covered the bed with that. There are a lot of green berries so here's hoping for a good harvest.
- milk kefir
- water kefir (soda)
- goat cheese
- sourdough bread
- goat milk