Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Day 79 of 365

Sunny with clouds coming in late.
  • Low: 45
  • High: 70

Milk. Even though Surprise kidded almost three weeks ago, I'm just now contemplating being able to use some of her milk! She's producing way more than Alphie needs, so I have been milking her almost since the beginning. Because of the antibiotics and chemical wormer, however, I haven't been able to use it for food for us. I have been saving it to freeze for goat milk soap, also feeding to the chickens. The benefit of milk in their diet is seen in harder egg shells.

Bought a potted peppermint plant.

Planted herb seeds in egg cartons:
  • catnip
  • bergamot
  • marshmallow
  • Joe Pye weed
  • narrow leaf echinacea
  • wormwood
  • sweet woodruff
  • bush basil
  • sweet basil
  • anise hyssop
  • creeping thyme
  • valerian
  • flat leaf parsley
  • summer savory
  • skullcap

Double planted one carton thanks to Riley, who insisted he had to have my complete and dedicated attention right now. By the time I shooed him away I planted marshmallow seeds on top of the wormwood. I planted a second batch of marshmallow, so hopefully, if they all come up I'll be able to tell them apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment