Saturday, June 1, 2013

Day 135 of 364

A repeat of yesterday.
  • Low: 67° F
  • High: 87° F
Overnight rainfall: 0.1"

Harvested:
  • a few strawberries
  • a sample pea
  • a huge handful of radishes

Dan tilled the lower part of the garden, where I planted wheat and oats last fall. I'll plant black oil sunflowers there next.

Tried my new ice cream maker! I figured since we had lots of milk and eggs, it would be a good thing to do with them. Most recipes, however, call for equal parts cream to milk or even more. I do get cream from my goat milk, but I don't think it's enough to have ice cream every night. I'll be experimenting with recipes and started with the simple vanilla ice cream recipe in the Cuisinart recipe book (basically same as the recipe here), but cut the cream in half. That made it too sweet, but it was definitely good: creamy, tasty, and easy to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment