Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Day 137 of 365

Mostly sunny with occasional rain type clouds passing through.
  • Low: 65
  • High 87

Transplanted:
  • bergamot seedlings

Harvested:
  • lettuce
  • radishes
  • strawberries
  • hull-less oats (a few)
  • peas (a gallon)
  • spearmint
  • chickeweed

The oats are supposed to be ready to harvest when they turn from green to cream. The various stalks seem to be at different stages of ripening, so I took the ones that looked ready. The birds are helping themselves too. This is supposed to be my seed crop so I hope I get enough for seed!

Picked a gallon bucket of garden peas. We've been eating our fill plus I will freeze some for salads later.

Eating huge salads with lunch and dinner. They taste so good! Current mix is lettuce, peas, radishes, broccoli if available, goat cheese, and sometimes a hardboiled egg.

One meal each day is egg based.

Tonight we ate the last of our homegrown chickens from the freezer.

My flax is flowering. So is the borage.




No comments:

Post a Comment