Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Day 201 of 365

Almost like an autumn morning. The air, the sky, even the faint scent of woodsmoke, all spoke of a morning in September rather than August.
  • Low: 73° F
  • High: 88° F

Harvested:
  • figs

Preserved
  • blueberries, dehydrated

Trimmed out around the fig trees so I can get to them. Trimmed back a few overhead branches that were shading the fig trees. There are tons of figs, but the question is how many I can get before the birds do.

I sorted the stored garlic and multiplier onions. Some needed to be put in the compost, some was storing well, and some was borderline so I'll use all that first. I'm thinking that my pantry is not a good place to store things like this in the summer; it just isn't cool enough. There's not enough room in the fridge, so I'm not entirely sure what to do about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment