Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Day 38 of 365

Drizzly most of the day then the sun peeped through the clouds around chore time.
  • Low: 43 F
  • High: 52 F
Rainfall: 0.25"
Total rainfall for Feb. week 2: 1.1"

Raked leaves and mulched another bed in the garden. I reckon the good thing about having permanent beds is that the paths are permanent too. I don't have to worry about compacting the soil when I do this.

My Pinetree Seed order arrived.

Pea vines looking spent. I started cutting them down to feed them to the goats.

Leftovers when Dan isn't home for meals. Today I had
  • Breakfast: kefir (on cereal), coffee with Ziggy cream
  • Lunch: leftover pizza
  • Dinner: creamed greens soup from last Sunday's canned Swiss chard. Very easy, just make a cream sauce with a blop of butter and some flour, add the greens and any liquid preferred. Tasty with crackers. Ate a leftover blueberry pancake for dessert.

2 comments:

  1. Leigh, I've read both of your posts about kefir and am intrigued (especially since I'm exploring lacto-fermentation these days). Can you recommend a good source for kefir grains? Both for water and milk? Thanks...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kris,I got milk kefir grains from someone on one of the goat lists I subscribe too. The grains grow, so she was offering her extras for the price of postage. I'd be happy to do the same for you if you'd like.

      I haven't found water kefir grains yet, but am really interested in trying those too. I've seen them for sale here and there, but haven't bought any yet.

      Delete