Thursday, December 5, 2013

Fog, Drizzle, & Rain

5 Acres & A Dream The
Book: The Challenges of
Establishing a Self-
Sufficient Homestead
Here's the reason I haven't been blogging here much. It's taken a lot of work to get my new book off the ground!

Besides our fog, drizzle, & rain we've had mild temps! After our week of recent frigid weather I was wondering what the winter will bring. This week it's been mild and soggy.

November rainfall total: 4.45"
Rainfall today: 0.7"

The garden is producing greens: kale, broccoli, collards. My lettuce seeds are just now sprouting thanks to the rain. The other day we harvested 6 chickens: 2 roosters and my 4 oldest hens. I froze the roosters who were still fairly young and canned the hens. Defrosted a chevon shoulder and am trying a marinade in red wine. It's from a buck, which is a little strong flavored, but not bad. I'm curious to see how this will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment